Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hallelujah!

I think I have found the vest pattern for my Boku.

It's the right gauge.
The size I would take (I'd probably do the 40" size; that's SOME negative ease but not giant amounts of it) requires 600 yards of yarn, which I EASILY have in the Boku
It looks cool.
It's also mostly-knit-round, which will make the best advantage of the Boku self-striping quality.

Sure, green and brown don't say "Venus," the way that sea blue does, but whatever. I could re-name it Demeter or something like that. And pretend that the ribs of the "shell" are furrows in the soil.

It's been a good Internet day so far.

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

i was so incredibly pleased to see a vest modeled by a "real" figure! huge amounts of applause! i may even cast this one on myself. i've got tons of yarn looking for projects