Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh and...

Grace, there is a tiny bit of waist shaping (as in, a few decreases and increases here and there) in the SitCom Chic but I bet you could alter it to curve more steeply. (Heck, someone may even have done it already and posted their calculations somewhere).

I don't worry about it because it is (surprisingly) a flattering sweater on me without the shaping. (But then, my bust is generally the first anatomical attribute people notice...)

I did wind off the first couple hanks of the yarn and swatched for and began the sweater this afternoon - something simple to knit on while I read journal articles. (I had been missing that - the long quiet Saturday afternoons sitting on my bed with the windows open, reading the back numbers of American Scientist and Ecological Monographs that accumulated while I was "too busy" to read them, some soft music in the background, and a simple, mostly-stockinette-stitch project.)

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Which color did you end up choosing?

Anonymous said...

The shaping must be very subtle because I just don't see it, but I could manage to add more myself. Lately I've found that that one touch makes sweaters look so much better on me. I'm busty too and if I don't side-shape and short-row, I just look dumpy in most knits.
Looking forward to seeing your newest version of this sweater as it progresses.

-- Grace in MA