Saturday, April 26, 2008

I was making brownies tonight for a church-related function.

One of the eggs, when I broke it, turned out to be double-yolked.

And that raises a question in my mind, that maybe those who have raised poultry, or have a bit more zoological knowledge than I, can answer:

What would happen to a double-yolked egg if it were fertilized?

Would it just fail to develop?
Would it try to twin (and, I'm guessing, that would be a FAIL as well, seeing as there's barely enough space within an eggshell for a single chick)
Or would it develop into some kind of Arnold Schwartzenegger super-chick, seeing as it has two yolks to draw nutrition from?

(I'm guessing the correct answer is either 1 or 2, but I'm kind of holding out a little hope for the Arnold super-chick.)

(Gah. At first I spelled that as "yoked." As in, "unequally?" I don't know.)

No comments: