Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I finished the first of the simple socks I'm working on. I'm using the "Oak Ribbed Sock" pattern from the Nancy Bush Vintage Socks book:

swwettooth socks

The yarn is Opal Rainforest III, "Lily the Sweet-tooth," which is modeled after a butterfly that pretty closely resembles the yellow color form of the tiger swallowtail (but probably ISN'T, as these are supposed to be rainforest species and I am not known for my skill in separating similar butterfly species).

I'm also still working on the edging for the Airy Cardigan. I measured what I had and did a little math last night and figured that at the most, it will be 1 1/2 inches bigger than it "needs" to be. And that might very well "take up" when I pick up the stitches to knit the body, so I'm not going to worry about it. (I'm also deliberately doing a smaller size, so if there's any extra ease, it won't be as big a deal.)

And for those of you who know TChem, send some good thoughts her way at 2:30 CST - she defends today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I like those.

dragon knitter said...

i like how the heel kind of c heckerboarded. cool!