Thursday, January 31, 2008

Actually, it IS raining. That kind of cold rain that makes you think maybe getting out of bed wasn't such a hot idea after all.

L., was the saint (who was irritated with her fellow nun) Therese of Lisieux? I seem to remember that about her. (It was in that book I was talking about a few years ago...something like "The Traveling Death and Resurrection Show" where one of the performers kept a book of the saints, and she was particularly fond of Therese. And the performer talked about how Therese was a "kick-ass" failure; that always stuck with me because of my own issues about failing - that somehow, it's so counterintuitive to praise someone for "failing" well.)

I am resisting the urge to buy myself some kind of small "fluster" (from Simplysockyarn.com or some place like that), but I'm not sure if I'll succeed at holding out the entire day.

No comments: