Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Well, I'm here (at my parents' house). They're not home; my father had some meetings in Chicago related to some volunteer work he's doing. (They get home tonight; a family friend drove me from the train station).

The trip was good - lots of snow to look at starting in Missouri, whoo! I had forgotten how pretty snow is (yes, I don't like driving in it, but it's pretty to look at.

I read somewhere that the difference between a kid and a grown up is that a kid looks at snow on the ground and goes "Oh boy!" while the grown-up looks at it and goes "Oh no." I guess I'm still more of a kid at heart because the first thing I think when I see snow is "oh boy!")

I'm also happy because the cat who had had all the health issues - the one that I feared at one point might not make it until Christmas - met me at the door, ate when I fed her, and now is walking around howling her "pay attention to me!" howl. (I think she's also somewhat discombobulated that *I* am here, but my parents are not).

No comments: