Monday, December 10, 2007

No pictures right now.

I TOOK pictures of stuff I did over the weekend, but forgot the disk at home. This was partly because this morning I had to

a. wash my hair (I normally wash it in the evening - I don't like blow-drying it - but I got home too late from a meeting yesterday to do it. And tonight I have a thing, so I couldn't do it tonight)

b. Finish my first offering for the FFFFFfingerfoods thing. It's a chocolate-chip cream cheese ball:

a package of cream cheese (well, I used the reduced-fat kind)
a stick of butter
you cream those together and add:

1/4 t vanilla (I added more; that seemed like a very small amount)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.

Then you roll it in a ball and cover it with chopped pecans. I tasted a bit of the combination while I was working on it and while it seems excessively sweet to me, I suppose other people will like it. (I hope no one's on a BIG diet here. I don't think anyone is.)

(I labeled it "Big ol' ball o' frosting" so people would have an idea of what it was like. It tastes kind of like a cross between chocolate chip cookie dough and cream cheese frosting). It's served with graham crackers.

Other than that, I finished the first of the Bordello socks (picture to come later) and I'm nearly up to the armhole decreases on the right front of Kenobi.

And I started a new Clapotis, this one made of the Cleckheaton Wool Silk I was talking about. Again, this is a nice, well-behaved yarn. I like it. It's smooth and soft and has no real thick-or-thin places (except for the neps in the yarn and those are tolerable). I'm working on the increase rows but I've now got to the point where it's largely autopilot except for every 12th row.

I'm going to look around on Ravelry to see what kind of yardages people were finding they needed for this - I remembered the pattern calling for 840 yards and I bought just over 900 yards of the yarn (all that the shop had left in that color). The pattern says about 620 yards are required...which, if that's correct, I can do a few more rounds of increasing to make a wider shawl (I tend to prefer wider if I'm going to wear something as a shawl rather than a scarf). And I'd just as soon use the yarn up (or come close), rather than having a couple balls of it hanging around. It's sort of an odd color and while I like it for the shawl, I'm not sure what else I'd use it for...it doesn't really go with a lot of the other colors in my stash.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

What did the weather end up being like? Was it really icy in your neck of the woods?

dragon knitter said...

ditto. i heard lots of power outages, etc. hope you're keeping warm!