Friday, November 30, 2007

It's a good thought on the bookmark, Charlotte...and I'd probably rather get the spices, chocolate chips, and peppermint than more "smelly" stuff. (I like scented candles and soap but I tend to prefer to pick the scents out myself because there are some certain particular things (or formulations of things) that trigger my allergies. Most anything floral (unless it's herbal-floral like lavendar) is out, as are very strong scents.

So I appreciate the advice.

However, I found a gift I like even better than the journal-cover. (I'm going to finish that, though, and keep it aside - there are a couple people in my life who would appreciate and use that kind of thing, so it won't go to waste).

Putting some stuff away this afternoon, I happened upon this:

moonlight mohair drop stitch scarf

It's a drop-stitch scarf made of Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair. (Yes, yes, it probably cost more than $10 in supplies, but I figure since it's sat on my shelf for a couple years - I never wore it because it's not exactly my style - it is fair game). Knowing the ladies in my group I think this will be more popular than a covered notebook.

It looks nicer in real life than in the photos - it's kind of sparkly and it's cuddlier than it looks.

Here's a closeup. The colors are more true in this picture than in the full-length shot.

closeup of moonlight mohair scarf

It was fun to knit, but it was one of those things that, when I got it done, I thought, "I'll save this for a gift because it's not the kind of thing I wear."

(I did shake it out carefully and check it all over to make sure no buggies had got to it - but either they don't like this fiber or it was up too high for them).

So, yay. I don't have to stress on finishing the book-cover or on finding nice pens or other impedimentia to go with it. (I do think the covered notebook will show up in my sister-in-law's birthday gift next year. She does a lot of writing-and-drawing-on-the-go and I think she's probably enjoy it, especially if it's packaged with a couple nice pens and maybe a little pack of colored pencils.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable scarf