Friday, November 30, 2007

1. If I can get my grading done this afternoon, I am declaring a "Weekend of Slackdom" where I get to sit at home and knit and watch cartoons and generally decompress.

2. If I get the notebook cover done this weekend, I'll pop a photo up of it here and let you tell me if it's just too horrible for a "$10 or less" item gift exchange. (I suppose my other option at this point is either one of the pre-packaged food gifties from the Wal-Mart - they have lots of stuff this time of year - or to get a really nice mug somewhere and package it with different kinds of tea and hot chocolate. I don't have time to do the "troll for a really exciting gift" thing)

3. I do think I am going to try to make one of those sock horses like I linked to the other day. I found a pair of pretty herringbone print socks I bought really cheap (like, on clearance) with the thought of sometime making a critter out of them. (No, I don't think the toy horse would make a better gift-exchange gift - these are all adult women - I am the youngest in the group - and besides, I want it for myself.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the covered notebook and pen. If you want to add something, why not add a bookmark so if the recipient chooses to use the notebook for a journal, she can mark her place.

I'm to take a $5-10 gift with the theme "The Scents of Christmas" to a women's ministry party on Tuesday. Instead of the more expected soap, potpourri or candles (none of which I particularly like to receive), my gift is a bag of chocolate chips, a peppermint stick, a bottle of cinnamon, a bottle of nutmeg, and a bottle of vanilla. Those all smell like Christmas to me since Mom always baked a lot of cookies at Christmas. My sister says I'm really "out there" with this idea and that no one will want my gift. We'll see. I suppose I could always trade with the recipient of it and get it back.

Charlotte