Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No call from the installer, who was supposed to call yesterday afternoon.

I managed to wash my hair in the sink with water I heated on the stove. That was not so bad. However, when I heated more water - I was only able to heat a total of about 3 gallons or so - and then mixed the boiling-hot water with room temperature water until the water in the tub was as cool as I was willing to deal with, I had a bath that was like, 4" deep.

I was reminded of the television show 1940s House, which was what it was like in Britain of the 40s - with blackouts and rationing. Fuel was rationed for heating water (and soap was also rationed) and I remember them showing how much water was apparently "permitted" for a bath. It looked about like my bath did last night.

I suppose I'd deal with it if there were real rationing going on, but to be honest, it's sort of miserable.

I'm calling Lowe's this morning and asking to speak to customer service to see if they can do anything about getting the installer out today. I can't take another day off to wait on someone. And I'm not sure I'm comfortable with just leaving keys at the store for some stranger to come into my house.

No comments: