Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nothing to report.

I put in a fourteen hour day yesterday. I was actually up for...let me think...eighteen hours. I woke at four and couldn't get back to sleep (but I tried). Came into campus at 7. I did run home at noon to eat and to prepare this week's Youth Group lesson, but I was back on campus and working on the computer. I put in 3 hours digesting the next chapter of the GIS book (and it was one of the most concentration-intensive things I have done in a long time - I don't think I've worked three hours without a break on something requiring that degree of thought in years). Then it was my two-hour night class. Then CWF. I got home at 9 and went to bed at 10, mainly because I was so keyed up from a couple things that I figured it was best to watch a re-run of "Futurama" to try and relax my mind.

I also lost my garage door opener. I can't find it. It's not in any of the usual places. As soon as the sun comes up here*, I'm going to go out to my car with a trashbag and search harder for it. (I looked last night but it was so dark out - and my stupid car's domelight is too weak). If I don't find it? I don't know...I know there are universal remotes but my door is OLD and I wonder if it will even work with them. (And I can't get INTO my garage; there is no other door and I'm not strong enough to force the door open.) And as for getting a new door - I just want to weep at the thought of trying to get a contractor out and find a time when I can have someone over to work on my house. (I suppose - since it's just the garage - he could be working when I was not home, but I'd at least need to tell him what I wanted).

So, I'm really tired. And I'm kind of in that anxious, keyed-up state that comes with being really tired for me. And my allergies are bad, and I have to go out and do fieldwork this afternoon.

(*The sun was out yesterday but I really didn't see it. I was in my office before it was light and I got home long after it was dark. I think that is one of the most depressing things about my job sometimes - that although I'm technically a "natural scientist," I spend so much of my days in windowless rooms).

So, no knitting.

No comments: