Friday, June 02, 2006

Well, I'm slowing gearing up for re-entry.

I don't know whether to go in to my office today and start work towards Monday's classes or to do that tomorrow. The big thing is, I think 'comments' from evaluations will be back, and I'm not sure I'm ready to face them. (My ratio of "bad" to "good" or "neutral" comments is ususally 1 to 3 or less, but it's the "bad" ones I remember and am affected by). I have a few things to print out and an activity to prepare for one of the classes. I should also look up enrollments - I know I had 11 in my ecology class when I left, but usually that grows by a few when people either don't get the job they wanted or when they sit down and look at their schedules and what courses they need to graduate.

I also have to go and pick up my mail and probably pay some bills quickly. If I remember correctly, one of my credit card bills is due in a couple days.

I also need to get the garage-door opener back from the person who mowed my lawn. And I need to trim the hedges and do some weeding and eventually replace flowers that my watering set up didn't water. (Apparently it did not rain here, despite what the Weather Channel was saying*). And I need to fence in my tomatoes - I have one nearly-ripe tomato, and several new ones coming on, and I don't want the possum or raccoon or whatever it was that stole my tomatoes last year to get these.

And I think I need to pick up the new Sunday School book and prepare a lesson for Sunday - it's my week, I just don't know if we're in the new book yet or not.

*and about the Weather Channel - am I the only one who is annoyed by their "Storm Stories" and their "We're trying to be just like the Today Show" morning show, and all the other programming that is NOT someone standing in front of a map saying what the weather is going to be? I've sat in my living room in the middle of a severe thunderstorm and cursed at Storm Stories because instead of telling me if I'm in danger NOW, they are talking about how there were people in danger in 1936 in Alberta because of some big snow storm.

I also have to admit that I'm sort of itching to break out and do something - I think I get that urge after spending time with other people and accomodating to their schedules, I look forward to just getting up in the morning and deciding that I feel like going antiquing, so I go. So I don't know. Part of it is also the loose-ends feeling of being alone again.

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

i'm with you, i HATE storm stories. i feel like it is capitalizing on people's misery when the big storms hit. and that guy that narrates it is entirely too annoying. as for the "today" show part, i don't mind it so much, as long as they still do the local updates every 10 minutes.