Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Aw man. Proofreading. This textbook I'm reviewing has an example of calculating BAC and correlating it to body mass. And at one point, they claim that at a BAC of 0.8 or higher* "driving skills and response time are impaired."

(*Yes, you read that right)

Um....Ya think? (scroll down to the cute graphic of a Comedy Mask that becomes a Tragedy Mask that becomes a skull and crossbones.

(And this is how big of a geek I am - I really don't drink, have never consumed more than a glass of wine at a time, so I had to go online and look it up to be sure I was remembering correctly that it was .08 that was regarded as legally intoxicated.

But I guess if it's a percentage by volume...maybe it's not even possible to be a .8. Not even Lord Nelson, post-mortem.

No comments: