Tuesday, June 13, 2006

And in the midst of crowing about how much I like my summer classes, and shaking my head over drunk-climbing, I am making stuff.

I'm picking away at the various socks. I have the first Jaywalker sock nearly done. I've turned the heel on the second Embossed Leaves sock.

I also began something new. While I was cleaning my room the other day, I found the 14 balls of "Andean Silk" I bought as a birthday-present-to-myself and decided it was time to start the Hourglass Sweater.

I love this yarn. It feels so great, the color is wonderful (it's the color called Sangria - sort of a reddish plum color.) It's one of those colors that looks subtly different in different lights.

I think it's probably a hallmark of being a bit too devoted to yarn, that not only am I happily knitting on a wool-silk-alpaca sweater when it's 100* out, but also that I periodically have to stop and cuddle the yarn up against my cheek, because it feels so good and makes me so happy.

(No, I haven't "snorgled" it yet - to use a Cute Overload term. I'm not THAT far gone).

But this may become my new favorite worsted-weight yarn.

And I have a couple of textbook chapters to review ($225, baby!), so having a plain knit-in-the-round stockinette (with just the occasional "detour" to decrease or increase: hence the "Hourglass") sweater that I can knit on while I read is **perfect**

And today is my short-office-hours day, so after I get done here, I can go home and read and knit in my nice cool house. And I don't have to go out this evening.

No comments: