Monday, October 03, 2005

I am A*L*M*O*S*T done with the second sleeve band on the Bookworm vest. After that, it's weave in ends, sew down the pocket linings and edges, block (I think this one will need blocking for the button bands to lie right), and sew on buttons.

I'm getting startitis again. Mainly wanting to work on shawl-type things. I've definitely decided that "Cozy," from last fall's Knitty, is the way I want to go for the Rowan Summer Tweed. I wound off an experimental ball, just to satisfy my startitis.

And I have yarn in-stash for the Artful Yarns' "Ballad" capelet - want to start that, too.

And I've decided what I want to do with the big skein of opal-colored (pink and pale blue) yarn that Diann sent me - I'm going to base it on the Feather and Fan scarf from the Little Box of Scarves but make it either 1 1/2 or 2 times as wide, so I can wear it as a shawl (based on yardage, I should have plenty).

In addition to working on Bookworm this weekend, I also knit quite a bit on the ongoing Verona (all stockinette stitch with big needles and laceweight yarn) shawl - I read a bunch of journal articles and this knitting helps me stay in my seat while I read.

No comments: