Friday, March 28, 2003

must...not....weaken...

one of my colleagues (the one who brought in free eggs from her chickens earlier) now has brought in free dogs. Yes, free dogs. Someone dumped a litter of puppies at her house. One of my former students got one, she looks like she has a lot of either golden retriever or yellow lab in her.

Sunny has a bunch more. I really cannot take on a dog at this stage of my life. I'm never home, I travel too much, I've never owned a dog before - and then there's the whole issue of training and walking and vet care and all of that.

still, the puppy was cute. But I can't give a puppy a good home right now. Jona has a husband and a teenaged son, so the dog will get lots of attention.

eventually, I do want to get a cat - but a quiet, sedate, older cat. Not something I have to train or worry about chewing stuff up or worry about when and where it needs to go to the toilet.

No comments: