Tuesday, March 11, 2003

I knit three rounds on the Feather and Fan socks last night.

my insomnia is back. this is an old, old enemy for me. Some months I will get one or two nights, which I can write off as being linked to the cycle, where I don't sleep well, but now, I'm going on - what is it now, almost a week? of not sleeping well. The worst part is that I'm tired (usually with cycle-related insomnia, it's that I'm NOT tired - I'm too energy filled to sleep) but I can't get my mind to shut off at night so I can rest. Or I get the music-stuck-in-my-head phenomenon.

I am going to try and visit D. this afternoon - be it in hospital or nursing home - unless they're actively in the process of moving her. I think getting that off my conscience/worries will help (I know I need to go see her; she's a good friend, she's flat on her back and probably bored silly, but I'm also worried that this will have diminished her somehow, or they'll have her drugged up, or any number of things. And I don't like hospitals, at all, at all, on top of it... I just have to gut up and go see her, things will be better after I do).

No comments: