Wednesday, March 12, 2003

1. I finished the Feather and Fan socks last night. These are going to be a birthday gift for my mother.
I also started the heel flap on the first of the Hawaii socks.

2. I visited my friend D. yesterday - either the person who described her condition to me had bad information or overdramatized the situation. She is not required to be flat on her back for three weeks (thank God, I think the boredom would have nearly killed her). She is able to sit up and walk (provided she uses a walker for balance) and they've already got her doing PT. She was in good spirits, talking about what she was going to do "when they let me out of here" and hassling the nursing staff - her same old fun opinionated self.

3. Because my mind was at rest after seeing her, I slept normally last night.

4. And now I am faced with the much happier task of deciding what projects to bring to work on for my Spring Break vacation which starts Friday afternoon. (I'm going to visit my parents). I will take the socks-in-progress (the Hawaii socks, which will probably be my 'knit on the train' socks because I'm doing them without a pattern and they're fairly simple, and the Huron Mountain Socks). I also wound off the yarn for the Corps of Discovery hat kit I got for Christmas, I think I will take that and do it (it has shortrowing and some techniques I'm less familiar with so it's good "vacation knitting" - when I have time to devote a big chunk of time to it). I also grabbed a couple balls of a variegated Regia in pastels and a "beaded rib" sock pattern - it's a very feminine looking rib, and the Regia called out to me from my stash that it 'wanted' to be that pattern. I may also take a skein of Opal with me - either the 'Southwestern' I've had in stash for so long, or the one I got in the bookswap, or maybe the multicolored crocodile.

No comments: