I have to go to bed soon, but this is something that's been camping out in my head and low-level upsetting me, maybe writing it out gets rid of it.
You know yesterday, how there was the "botched" execution of Christa Pike in Tennessee? And how all the news outlets claimed she was heard "snoring"?
Someone else, someone with some medical knowledge I think, said it wasn't snoring, it was agonal breathing, which is a known phenomenon when someone is dying.
And this is where it hit me hard: when my father died, my mom told me she knew his time was close, because he did that breathing, and the hospice nurse had warned her and explained what it was like. ANd so, yeah, great, that grief comes back up now and the "pain ball in the box that triggers pain" is big again.
So that's just dandy, on top of everything else. It really does feel like our society is needlessly cruel and garbagey now.
and on top of that? I'm gonna have to clean well under the sink (the mouse hung out there, apparently) and get a plumber in, apparently the seal on the insinkerator has failed and it's leaking and I CAN'T EVEN USE THE SINK NOW.
well, I could, if I put a bucket I could dump outside or in the tub under it, which I might do until I can make time to get the plumber in.
But yeah, I'm just tired of dealing with all kinds of bad,sad, angering, and frustrating things
No comments:
Post a Comment