This was a hard week. I managed not to cry (I half-joked to a colleague on Monday that I couldn't guarantee that I would not, everything is still kind of a mess, but then again, some of the students suggested we seemed to have things better together than some other departments do after the cyberincident).
I didn't want to but I did go back to work on research after lunch.
I got to thinking about the yarn I had put aside to donate, and one skein in particular - an older MadTosh worsted. (It's from The Loopy Ewe before the original owner retired, so I think it's pre-pandemic?). And I got to thinking about hats, and gift-exchange gifts, and I thought, "I could make a Bankhead Hat out of that yarn and use it for the AAUW gift, that both gets it out of my stash and used, and also provides the gift I will need later on"
So I set up the ball winder and swift for this
I also kind of wanted to wind off the yarn for the Petoskey Cowl and for a pair of fingerless mitts I bought some Quixotic-Fibers dyed yarn for, but it was late at that point (I had got home later than intended, and faffed around before dinner, and then after dinner decided to change the sheets on my bed (and with as many pillows and stuffed animals as I have on there, that is a production), so I just wound off that one skein but did leave the swift set up if I want to wind the others tomorrow.And then I wanted to quick shower (it's hot, rushing around to make the bed made me feel kind of warm) but I still started the hat tonight. Didn't get very far but it's a nice simple and portable project, and if I do need a carry along project soon, now I've got it.


No comments:
Post a Comment