Monday, October 14, 2024

The weekend knitting

 The most noticeable progress was on the current gradient socks

It's a nice yarn, it knits up well. It's not a singles but it looks like it because the plying is very fine and subtle.  I have another inch or so to go on the legs before I start the heel flap.

The other ball is identical so if I'm careful I will get identical socks. 


I have to keep this short because I need to do the PT stretches tonight. I didn't do them last night and I can feel it today. I also just generally hurt - I've been very tense for various reasons and my shoulders hurt

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I think all of the various worries I had came to a head and I couldn't get my mind to quiet down. (I think I may also have to put "All Clear" - which I started right after finishing its prequel, "Blackout" - to the side for a bit because it is a tension-generating novel; you worry about the time travelers and how they're going to fare, and just hearing about the bombings in London is stressful. I do have a book on molluscs that might be more restful). 

Unfortunately, when I'm tired I just usually get grouchy and unfocused and don't do well at work, unlike Muffin:


it's funny to see how they managed to make the "drunk character behaving oddly" trope family friendly by making Muffin just VERY tired (she is at the stage where she is giving up napping).

I am hoping maybe I'll sleep better tonight. I don't have to get up QUITE so early tomorrow; part of the problem is when I have an early wake up time I think about it and don't sleep as well, waking up every hour as morning approaches and having to check my phone for the time.


1 comment:

Mokihana said...

I can already tell those socks are gonna be awesome!!