Monday, May 06, 2024

last stage begun

 I finished the sleeve cuff on the sweater this weekend and began the front bands. I don't know if I'll finish them before I leave for Illinois, and given I'm trying to travel lighter (less to carry with my bad knee), I'm not sure I'd take an almost-but-not-quite finished big project



I'm not sure how much chance I'll get to work on it tonight. We had a job candidate in and I volunteered to go with the group taking him out to dinner, but the person in charge of e-mailing or texting me the location hasn't contacted me yet, so I have no idea going on (which always bugs me; lunch was "we're leaving in a few minutes for the place" and what does "few minutes' mean? In some cases, if I take it to mean five, I get there way before everyone; if I take it to mean fifteen, sometimes I'm late. I wasn't the latest one THIS time but I need more precision). Anyway, it's supposed to be at 6:30 so if I don't hear in another 10 or so minutes maybe I just give up and figure either the person in charge forgot, or the candidate decided to juet get something "to go" to eat in his room - because being out tonight may not be great.

Yeah, we're on the very edge of the "severe weather" area but there are a lot of warnings that it could get bad. So if I don't hear soon - or don't hear at all - maybe I garage my car and figure out something to eat here (I don't have a lot of food on hand, given that I leave Wednesday midafternoon for a couple weeks).


I'm trying to write a few time-embargoed posts but it's been challenging, lots of stuff going on.

No comments: