Monday, April 22, 2024

And some photos

 I did go to Denison this weekend even though it rained. It was TERRIBLE driving back; a pouring pounding rain and I was struck by how many people out on the interstate, in 10% or less visibility, didn't think to put their headlights on. It was nervewracking to have someone wind up on your bumper that you couldn't even see coming.

Getting down there was not bad, though it was raining.


this is Katy Depot - it was once (I guess) a train station, it's now shops and event space. The only shop of interest to me is the yarn shop, though.

They do have some interesting statues referencing the station history



I did buy some yarn - two sockyarns (one I guess is two 50 g skeins that are mirror image stripes; the other one is WYS "Starling" selfpatterning yarn) and enough of a fingering weight for a rectangular shawl I'm going to make using one of the lace patterns in my new Japanese knitting stitches book. 


I also bought some new cable needles; I seem to lose the metal ones and a few of the thinner plastic ones I had have got broken. 

I also went to the quilt shop up the street. I did buy some fabric but now I wonder why; I haven't worked on a quilt in ages now.

I also got lunch; I was lucky that the closest parking spot was non handicapped and was also free:



I also went to Target; that was exhausting. The place was crowded and I suspect some folks in there (it was 1 pm or so by then) had been, uh, partaking, in the substance that "4/20" has come to celebrate in certain circles. I managed to get my groceries (pretty much all I bought was groceries and a few staple items like laundry detergent) and headed for home, and that's when the heavens opened up. I was really glad to get home safely; a couple times I thought about pulling off and waiting it out, but then again, I had a couple frozen items and wasn't sure how long they'd keep if I had to sit for a half hour or more for the rain to let up.

No comments: