Monday, March 18, 2024

and an update

 got the grading done, got an exam (mostly, I still have to do the species-identification part) written, updated the LMS pages for next week. Went home for lunch and as I was driving a call came in.

When I got home and checked my phone there were two missed calls from the same group member, and a text from them asking for a call. So I groaned inwardly and called them.

Yeah, an "emergency meeting" late afternoon to deal with the issue. So I quickly replanned my day - I'd go out to the field site and walk around, but not try to do the scholarships (that's tomorrow) because it was already 1:30 pm and I hadn't eaten lunch and I needed to shower after the field.

The bigger issue? I was afraid this was going to be a BAD meeting. One where someone quit, or people shouted at each other, or something. So I dreaded it all afternoon.

Went out to the field, walked for half an hour. Didn't look at the different habitats as much as I might because (a) I had one eye on the clock (I didn't want to get back too late to shower) and (b) I was hurting. I mean, my knee still hurts this evening but it does feel looser now. 

I got done a bit earlier than planned so I ran by the quilt shop - no, they're too stacked up now to take quilts but try again in a month - and I bought some sewing-machine needles in hopes of getting back to sewing soon. And to the bank, I was low on cash. 

And then showered, and ate a snack, and ran out to the meeting. 

And it turned out well, but blistering blue barnacles, why call all of us out there when the two people at loggerheads only had to apologize to each other and things seemed good? Like, the one person agreed they needed to continue to do the thing they'd been doing?

So yeah, I worried about it all day and it was nothing. 

I mean, granted - as I said before, I am very much a "choke down the annoyance" or "other people's happiness is more important than your comfort" sort of person so it has to be a MAJOR situation for me to say something to someone. So I tend to assume in cases like this that it's a major blowup, rather than someone taking something the wrong way, being stubborn, and having an, I don't know, sort of a fit of annoyance. 

So maybe tomorrow I can get those scholarships done, and some research reading. I think I am going to take Wednesday as my fun day, provided my knee is OK. (I've got heat on it now - icing seems not to help as much now)

No comments: