Monday, February 19, 2024

Hopefully, an omen

 Yesterday was a bad day, pain wise, and I felt less mobile. I walked around (as much as i did) worrying I'd be referred for surgery, or else that my leg would never be "right" again and I'd never be able to hike or do proper fieldwork ever again.

Last night, I slept some better and hurt less this morning. (A colleague reminded me we had had a cold front come through, and that can mess with both acute and chronic pain). I'm more mobile again and actually most of my pain now is in the hip and calf on that side, which is probably from walking abnormally for a month plus.

But the omen: I had mentioned that Quixotic Fibers had multiplexed into two stores, one in Florida and one in Denison. I was hoping to be okay enough to go to Denison this coming weekend to see the new store.


Well, I got an e-mail this morning: Saturday is their grand opening celebration, with special things and a chance at a gift basket. And I know I should not be superstitious but I am really hoping this is an omen that (a) I will feel up to going and (b) the news from the doctor tomorrow will be along the lines of "give it a bit more time and then do PT, eventually you'll be right" 

Still taking tylenol, though, and I wish I could just stop but when I tried last week the pain got worse

No comments: