Thursday, February 29, 2024

A little further

 As knitting time has permitted this week, I've been working on the striping socks in the modified feather-and-fan pattern

The colors actually remind me more of Princess Luna now than Twilight Sparkle, because of the "Starry Night" band (the black with white dots)

I am 40 rounds into the fancy stitch; I might go up to 56 or 60 before starting the heel. 

I need to find more patterns that work with self striping yarn; I have a lot of it and it seems like socks go faster if I'm counting rows in a pattern than if it's just "knit in stockinette for 7"" or whatever.

**

I dunno. Maybe my knee is slowly getting better. Now it feels tight and "burny" and someone told me that burning feeling was the muscles sort of slowly getting stronger again as I walk more.

I'm going to give it another week, and then maybe make sure my faculty ID is validated for the year, and then start bringing walking clothes and tennis shoes- there's an indoor wellness center on campus that you can get into with your ID, and they have a "mondo surface" track, which I'm pretty sure is that slightly rubbery surface that would be more comfortable to walk on (they also have treadmills and other equipment) and I do want to start walking, and slowly increase what I do in the hopes of building myself back up because I am now wondering if some of the pain I have is actually inactivity.

I mean, I'll have to be careful, of course, but maybe it's something I need now. 


No comments: