Sunday, May 14, 2023

And stuck, waiting

 Made the long drive to the Mineola station this afternoon. I knew when I left the train was late. It’s now 2 1/2 hours late. Hasn’t made it to Dallas just yet. At least I am here. 

The drive down wasn’t fun; I went through heavy rain most of the way. At one point I had to slow down to 40 mph (in a zone that is normally 70) because I couldn’t see far enough ahead anti just had to aim between what I could see of the center line and the edge line. 

Hopefully I can still get dinner on the train; if not I will see if a can buy something from the cafe car. If not THAT, I Jaya tiny snack (a couple boxes of raisins and a sweet potato purée pouch) so I can at least take my evening medicine without messing up my stomach. But it is tiresome sitting here knowing it’s arrival is dependent totally on things I cannot influence…


The view from where I am waiting as one of the freights that doubtless delayed my train comes through 

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

You'll get my travel woes...eventually