Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Sweater thus far:

 I was tired and achy today, I think I tensed up more than I realized worrying over the whole seeing-the-accident thing (it helps now knowing the guy will most likely live). 

I did get a couple more Policy and Law lectures updated, but I also wound off a couple skeins of yarn

Unfortunately, the "new" Malabrigo sock yarn (machine washable and with nylon for strength) has one of the characteristics of "old" Malabrigo - it is frequently mis-skeined, which means you can't neatly wind it on a ball winder.

So I had to hand-wind it, and wind up with a round ball rather than a cake:

I'm going to use the Merletto Mitts pattern for these - I wanted a lace pattern but also didn't want to buy a new pattern, and I found this one in my files

Also, here's the sweater thus far. I'm not quite halfway to the point in the raglan decreases where I also start decreasing for the v-neck. 

You can see the garter stitch detail there, and also the little removable plastic markers indicate where the pocket will eventually go:



No comments: