Sunday, May 29, 2022

some Sunday stealing

 Both Roger and Kelly did this, so I will to. This is from Sunday stealing


1. Who was the last attractive person you saw?

Man, I don't know. I'm single, so from time to time I do see men I think are attractive but I don't, you know, have a Special Someone, so I can't use that as an answer. I don't really remember.

2. Do you have a tattoo? If not, are you going to get one?

No, and I really have no interest in getting one; I'm kind of in a microgeneration that came of age before tattoos became cool again.

3. Have you smoked a cigarette in the last 24 hours?

Nope, I've never smoked one in my 53+ years. Just never wanted to.

4. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?

Oh, this is tricky. For minor stuff, sure. Like if someone fails out of college at 18 because they're not ready, but want to come back at 25 and try again? Wipe their record clean of the failures and let them study. For major stuff, I'm not so sure. I admit there are people I have *forgiven* but then *not given another chance to hurt me* over things. 

I suppose repentance is part of this. If someone did wrong, and is truly sorry and wants to make amends and start over, yes. If someone's unrepentant in the "F yes and I'll do it again!" mindset, nope.

5. What is your favorite number?

Seven? Maybe? The traditional lucky number, at least in Western culture? I never really had a "favorite" number


6. What time did you go to sleep last night?

Probably about 10:30. Got into bed around 10 but it always takes a while for me to fall asleep.

7. Are you one of those people that always answer their phones?

Hahahahah. No. If it's a number I know - my mom or a friend - of course; if I'm expecting a call from someone like a plumber I will. Otherwise, if I don't know who it is? I let it go to voicemail because I get too darn many spam calls.

This has on occasion been problematic; my credit card issuer comes up only as "toll free number" so I have missed the "we have a question and want to know if you did a current purchase that seems odd to us" and had my card limited - and more rigamarole getting it fixed - as a result

8. If you died today would your life be complete?

Uh, well in the sense of it being "completed," I guess? I don't know what else I would really want to do that seems likely I *would* do where if, like, a plane fell out of the sky onto me tomorrow I'd feel deep regret in my last moments. 

I mean, it would be nice to have Twoo Wuv, but I doubt that's happening for me.

9. If you are being extremely quiet, what does that mean?. 

That I'm either busy, or I'm uncomfortable in a situation. If I'm angry, I usually tell people what I'm angry about if I don't think they'll dismiss me; same if I'm sad. But if I'm in a situation where I feel unwelcome or like people don't understand me, I am usually quiet.

10. Do you know what high school your dad went to?

Coloma (Michigan). I think my mom still has his old letter sweater from football.

11. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?

I tend to think of this as a good thing, like when someone you're crushing on talks to you, but it's been a long time since I had the good butterflies. I did get scared when that rock hit my car on the highway a couple weeks ago.

12. Where is your cell phone?

On the small table next to me; that's where it usually is when I'm at home. I have to keep things in the same place all the time or I lose them


13.  What is the nearest purple thing to you?

The partially-completed Turkish stitch scarf thing

14. When did you last step outside?  What were you doing?

I put my car away in the garage a couple hours ago, before I washed my hair and ate dinner

15. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

A rerun of "Amphibia" on one of the Disney channels

****

Got my kitchen cleaned up - I wetmopped the floor twice with citrus cleaner, and tossed a lot of stuff, and rearranged canned and jarred goods on the shelves. It's cleaner but will never be as perfect as magazine rooms look. I'm also out of space in my wheelie bin and trash pickup isn't until Wednesday so I think I have to wait for more deep cleaning until after then but yes, I do need to spend maybe an hour a day sorting and cleaning and pitching for a while.

My fridge is still okay and I am wondering if maybe - just maybe - I can figure out how to remove the rear panel of the washer MYSELF and replace the hose myself. Sometimes it's better to do that than wait for a worker; often here the people you hire are very slow to arrive, or they give you an appointment WEEKS out not thinking about the inconvenience you are dealing with. 



No comments: