Sunday, July 18, 2021

Mowed the lawn

 I feel better about it now. The younger son of a friend from church (he is 17) will come next week to see if it needs it (I pay him $25, which seems fair enough, for mowing) but if we don't get a lot of rain he might not need to. 

Also, at church, while waiting in line to fill my plate, G. came up to me - she is a friend of, and lives near R. (the cousin of the woman I did the interment for) and commented on how R. told her what a good job I did, and how it was "just perfect" for the occasion so....I guess I did a good thing? I stressed out about it a lot but I felt like I couldn't NOT do it. At least now I know in case I would ever get asked again (ha ha, please, God, no)

I did watch maybe about a quarter of the movie "Sing!" while waiting on my lunch to "settle" to go out and mow, and you know - yes, it's kind of silly and derided by serious critics, but you know? Sometimes you just want something that is simple and funny and fundamentally has a happy ending where the problems are solved for the characters. Even more than in the before-times, I can't tolerate things that are bleak very well. (So maybe I just watch more silly kids' movies).

I'm also packed except for the "morning things" I listed before, and I even managed to do it without having to open the gusset on my suitcase, so that's a win.

No comments: