Monday, September 21, 2020

some knitted things

 My friend Laura received her manta ray stuffie, so I can share the pictures I took before sending him off. (She named him Ernie)




I used a taupe-colored Bernat chunky acrylic for hers, he got the gold-colored "dragon eyes" lock-washer eyes I bought from Suncatcher Eyes.

And I figured out my ray's name! She's a girl, and her name is Raybelle. Like Maybelle, but with "ray" instead because she's a ray.



She is knit of Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in the charcoal colo, and has the silver-colored "dragon eyes"

So they really are kind of fraternal twins, which is sort of pleasing.

I also worked more on the scarf - some of this was done during a biweekly Microsoft Teams knitting meet up I've been doing with a few people, some of it I did tonight:


the pattern is Baroque Purls' "Tailfeather" - it's a pleasing lace pattern to knit on, most of the length is a simple razor-shell type pattern, and then every 24 rows or so you shift it a half-repeat by doing an intervening section. It looks like feathers. I'm really happy with this pattern, it's just cool in a logical sense (how it works) and it's also pretty. I might keep this in mind for some point if I want to make a gift-scarf for someone (this one I am keeping for me).

Lace is my favorite kind of knitting - especially something like this that is nice and rhythmic so you can get in a groove working on it, but is also pretty (and looks more complex than it actually is).

1 comment:

purlewe said...

the knitting looks great! I love the rays and the lace looks lovely.