Sunday, July 05, 2020

One and Done



I may have figured out a (clunky, but it works) way of getting Flickr photos into blogger. (That is one thing I do not like about the new interface: apparently they don't support third-party photo storage)


Anyway. I finished the "One and Done" shawl today - so named because it only requires one skein (~400 yards) of sock-weight yarn.

This was my "lockdown project" - I started it back in April, I think. (And my magical-thinking brain is going "Now that you finished it maybe there will be better news out in the world!" but I know that can't be....)

A close-up.



























The yarn is Potion Yarns' "Seductress" in a colorway called Penelope Tree. (I had to look her up - she was a mod-era British model). The yarn is predominantly yellow-green, with hints of darker green, pink, purple, even a little blue. There is also one of those tinselly threads running through the yarn though you can't see it in the photos.

This will have to dry for a while. It was kind of a pain pinning out every single picot in the bindoff and I hope it is worth it.

I want to finish something else on the needles first (I have two hats I could finish with a few hours' work, and the bright socks) but my next new project will be this:



I bought that yarn a while back specifically for this pattern (but wound up really having to dig in the stash to find it, and was on the point of going "darnit, I'll just order another skein" when I found it - though I think this particular color is out of stock right now.)


***

Still no sign of the food box, and no updates from Fed Ex and I am frankly wondering if it was lost or damaged-in-transit and they're too not-giving-a-crap to come out and tell me, and I'm going to have to go through Imperfect Foods for a full refund on this week's box.

I don't know whether to try calling Fed Ex again, the person was both extremely difficult to hear and very unhelpful last time. But who knows, maybe this time will be better...but I think if the box were actually on the move, I'd have gotten an update beyond "it's supposed to be there by 8 pm" which....well, they have just over 3 more hours and I am not optimistic.


(I just called them. It sounded like the same guy but on a  better handset. He assured me two things I suspect may not be true: 1. That even though FedEx is closed on weekends, they will still be delivering today and 2. Refrigerated packages get stored in a refrigerated locker at the depot. I don't know. Even Sherman is pretty podunk and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have that. Normally packages get to me earlier in the day than this which is why I have doubt it will actually reach me today.

It's possible Delivery Exception means "we lost it or it's damaged but we don't want to admit it to you" and I will still be having to call Imperfect for a refund tomorrow. This is annoying)

No comments: