Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Day's big excitement

So, after griping on another place about "Wal-mart has probably lost my business forever with their ridiculous limitation on opening pick up times" I decided to check again and....I struck lucky. One opening, Saturday at 11 am.

So yeah, I jumped on it.

(Heh: "I jump in it" which makes me think of this)

Anyway, I got the permitted 2 half gallons of organic milk, and a thing of salad greens, and some more canned goods for the shelf, and more chocolate chips ahead for my oatmeal and some sweet potatoes so at least I can have a sweet potato with Easter dinner and YES I am getting a food box Friday from Imperfect Foods but I could not get everything I wanted in it, and more canned goods in this time are always good, because even if a miracle occurs and the problem is solved in another couple months, I can take any unopened canned goods and donate them.

I also got three more exams and a lab assignment written. I do need to do the grading now but I feel somewhat cheered that I don't have to ration the milk out quite so strictly. (And if I think of anything else I need that they have in stock, I can add it to my cart). I don't have to mask up and brave the Green Spray now, or the Pruett's.

It's ridiculous how this has reframed my thinking about things; I am shocked how grateful I can be to just get some very basic groceries and even maybe not get my first-first choice (I am accepting 2% milk because they were out of skim or 1% in the organic...)

But oh, how grateful I will be when (if?) this is ever over and I can go back out again and just get groceries, and even eventually craft supplies, without fear. And travel to see my mother and hug my friends at church....


No comments: