Sunday, February 16, 2020

Mostly low energy

Sundays tend to be low-energy days for me. Either I'm tired from going out and running around on Saturday, or I'm tired from working on Saturday. I never do a whole lot.

I did get a start on handsewing the binding down on the small pink quilt, but got derailed when my stupid goblin brain piped up "when you picked this up from the quilter, your dad was still alive"

Thanks brain. THANKS SO MUCH. Please stop marking time in that way.

***

I guess it was good I did the jam bars. The woman in charge of lining up food (one of the people in my CWF group) texted me her thanks last evening, and today she told me "There were so many people there, it was good you did two batches of those" (each batch of jam bars makes 48).

It wears me out sometimes, all the stuff I do for other people, but I guess it's also important.

***

One other thing I did do was hang up the newly-framed photos, and move some of the existing ones around. The arrangement is maybe not ideal, but it's hard to hang photos by yourself and that very highest one? Holding my arms over my head (and standing on a step stool), I started to get dizzy doing it, so I figured it was better to do it fast than to risk hurting myself.

I think sometimes it's just my blood pressure drops when my arms are raised over my head like that.

Yeah, that's a lot of photos, but I didn't want to take any down and store them. I'm trying to think if there's somewhere else - another wall - I could put more up. It's also not impossible that I could take down the framed poster over the mantel and replace that with a bunch more framed photos.

(I still have never found the one of my grandfather with his plane; that's one I definitely want if we can ever locate where it got put.)

And yes, I've straightened the couple that don't look even in there.

***

I guess lots of people get tomorrow off? I have work, but there will be no mail and there's no garbage pickup and I have to say, us Monday-pickup people are the ones who usually get rooked on that and have to remember to put our trash out on Wednesday.


1 comment:

purlewe said...

I think your wall looks lovely. I have a wall like that in a hallway that makes me happy whenever I look at it. I hope yours makes you happy when you look at it too.