Saturday, February 22, 2020

Birthday week begins

I've decided to do a whole week for the birthday....some of the things I have ordered came, I opened one. I have a couple gifts from my mom waiting for me to open.

I did get three cards and decided to go ahead and open them today, thank you Purlewe, and Lynn, and Anita.

I have plans NEXT weekend to go to Whitesboro (provided the weather is OK and nothing big comes up at work) and I think on my birthday itself (Thursday) I will do another carry-out dinner from the good local barbecue place.

I thought of baking myself a cake but I also see they have some cake-type desserts on their menu, and it might work just as well in the long run to get a slice of cake from them, I don't know...

My set of Mason-Dixon Knitting books came but I think I am going to save opening them for another day this week. And the Etsy ponies are supposed to come Tuesday or Wednesday.

I did open my Creatable World dolls that came. Slight change of plans - I tried the "braided dark hair" wig on the dark-skinned doll and....it just didn't work, it didn't fit quite right. And anyway, the doll looks cute with his short hair on top/buzzed sides look.

So now his name is Ben. He just seemed like he wanted to be a boy anyway, and now Alex has a friend who is also male.

The "copper" haired doll (really it's more of a very light brown, almost the color my hair used to be when I was a kid) looks good with the wig on (but is also cute with the short hair) so I decided to name her Mary-Margaret and have her be a her.

Other than Ben being good at math and enjoying bike riding, I've not figured out backstories too much. Ben MIGHT be Theophania's cousin, I'm not quite sure yet. Mary Margaret is more of an enigma and I'll have to think of a backstory for her.

There are two more dolls in the series as of now - there's the blonde one, who doesn't interest me that much, and one - seemingly currently only available at Target - who looks a bit like Mary Margaret but has dark brown hair (and different clothes, including a yellow top printed with dogs that I really kind of want).

I've bought too much recently but I *might* get that doll later. (And might get the blond, out of the sense of "completeness")

Other than that....I plan to spend the rest of the weekend owrking on stuff. I want to get the binding sewn down on the small quilt (that might be next) and sew more on the forever-ongoing Vigniere Cipher top, and maybe even consider at least cutting and sewing the seams on the bindings for the other two quilts.

1 comment:

kbehroozi said...

Hey, sent a little something your way, in hopes that it will provide a welcome break. Thinking of you, E.