Tuesday, January 07, 2020

opened a crate

While I was gone, the December Doki Doki and Gachapon crates arrived, as did the January ones. I chose to open the December Doki Doki crate last night....a cute little dish that can hold change, and a pocket-pouch, a big tote bag, and a day-planner (Sanrio or San-X characters on all of them).

And then this:

sumikkogurashi blanket

A fleece blanket with the Sumikkogurashi ("things off in the corner," or or "life in the corner" or so the translations I've seen say) characters on it. It's huge; it's almost twin bed sized, which is much larger than these typically are.

As I've said in the past: I think a person can never have too many fleece blankets. They are good to go over the foot of the bed on cold nights (or to keep your feet warm, if they get cold, in the summer when all you can tolerate on the rest of your body is a sheet). And they're good comfort items - good to wrap up in, or spread over your lap.

Tonight, I decided to open the December Gachapon crate. Partly because....yeah...(gestures at the state of the world). I'm going to save the other two crates for later days, but I'm glad I opened this one, lots of funny stuff in there.

First up - a sleepy Pikachu figure. I already have an "awake" version of him that is similar so I think I might package this one up carefully and mail it to my niece for Valentine's day - she recently discovered Pokemon and my brother has been using the cards or little figures of them as "rewards" for good behavior.

pikachu

Both of these are going over to my office to sit on my desk. The little mouse "planter" (that is a plastic plant) will brighten the place up, and the fat hamster makes me smile, and sometimes you need things that make you smile over at work

new desk friends

This is kind of a weird thing - a ball with a floppy tongue. I didn't look at the paperwork that came with it (the instructions in the capsules are all in Japanese, which I do not read, but they include a chart with information in English in the box)

I dropped it and it started blinking and flashing. It's VERY blinky - so no video, because it made my eyes and head hurt and I don't have epilepsy, and I don't want to cause problems for anyone. But here's a photo:

weird bouncy ball

My favorite thing, though (and there were a lot of good things in this crate) was this:

deerstalker 2

A tiny deerstalker hat! To put on your cat, they suggest. I do not know too many cats that would tolerate that. Most cats do not like having things squishing their ears down.

Though they also suggest if you don't have a cat, you can put it on a stuffie.

Snox Boop seems to tolerate it fine:

Snox Boop, detective

I may try it on a few other critters. I bet my stuffed Webby Vanderquack could rock a deerstalker (if it fits her slightly freakishly-large head). 



1 comment:

purlewe said...

The deerstalker IS AMAZING! Oh I love it.

I have a cat hat I got from japan, never thought about putting it on a stuffie. Can't wait to go home now.