Friday, July 05, 2019

OH the joy

I found it.

Well, some backstory: I had a very-favored pendant, a gift from my dad. Gold, with some random semi-precious stones in it (no real pattern, just randomly distributed). It went with a lot of things. It looked cool.

And then, one day, I couldn't find it. Wasn't in the little dish in my bathroom where I often temporarily leave jewelry. No one had been in my house that I didn't trust (only my piano teacher and someone from church) so I was certain it hadn't been stolen. I was fearful it got swept up in something when I was cleaning and dumped in the trash.

I knew where he had ordered it from, and I admit more than once I considered looking to see if it was still available and if I could afford a replacement. But I thought: keep looking, if you order a new one, chances are the old one will turn up.

But it didn't.

Tonight, I decided to clean my room - it needed it, and I also had half a thought tomorrow of doing some reading sitting on my bed and that's a lot nicer in a room without laundry piled everywhere and dust on the floor.

And while putting stuff away, I dug down in one of the drawers - I had done that before without much luck, but I guess I didn't look in this one or look hard enough...

AND THERE IT WAS.

I have it back and I'm so happy. Yes, I know, one shouldn't get attached to material things but this is pretty and also my dad gave it to me, so there is some sentimental attachment:


No comments: