Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

So, maybe I need to make myself a planned schedule where I actually have tasks instead of just having my to-do list be some vague "Shrug, maybe do some research reading, lol?"

So:

Today: I MUST gut up and call the Corps of Engineers (better write myself a script first so I don't forget anything I need to ask):

- burn history of the site, 2000-
- if they have details of the lake levels in 2007 and 2015, so I have accurate times of how long it was under water
- history, if they have it, of mowing/brushcutting/planting

Then I can put that in the paper and revise it.

I should also remember to call the eye doctor and set up a checkup. I skipped it last year and I can tell that my eyes have changed - I don't know if it's possible for near vision to get *better* but it feels like the "reader" part of my glasses are too strong, and whenever I have to do something close up, it's more comfortable to take them off. (I take them off to read, for example, which kind of makes it silly to have "progressive" lenses.)


Thursday: run back out to the site in the morning, look for anything "new" that is flowering (I guess this is a Project now, making a collection of the species out there, and it's best to collect stuff when it's flowering). Also I have piano lesson in the afternoon.

Friday: First thing in the morning I get my annual screening mammogram (As I've said before, these don't bother me - never had an adverse one, and it's not getting something poked into a body cavity like at the dentist). Then....maybe I will go antiquing. I need a day out. I will also need to do bigger grocery shopping. (And Sunday is a potluck....I plan right now on doing Carne Machaca again, people like that and it's easy to make. But I think I get the meat for that at Pruett's; their beef is better and I like to support them when I can)

I probably also need to more-than-pencil-in time to do stuff (knitting or quilting) that *I* want to do. All too often that gets shoved into the background. (The eternal issue of "urgent but not important" pushing out the "important but not urgent")

***

Apparently today is the one-year anniversary of that Thai kids' soccer team being rescued from the cave. I guess that reminds me that the human race CAN pull together and all hope the same thing at times. (I suppose humanity being what it was, there may have one or two who were hoping for the rescue to fail, but I don't want to know about those people's existence). I was in the group of those who were hoping hard for 100% survival and safe extraction, even as before it happened, I didn't quite see how it could be.


No comments: