Saturday, June 01, 2019

A silly name

Be careful about giving provisional names to things*


(*I have heard that in some cat-rescues, the cats there are given ridiculous names - like Refrigerator or Floorwax - so that the volunteers don't get too attached, and so the new owner [hopefully their 'forever home'] can name them what they want, though I admit, sometimes I do love a silly name on a cat - I knew of one called Lunchbox which seemed like a good name for him)

Anyway, I stuck the provisional name "Cow-cow" on the turquiose-blue dragon, in the absence of a "better" name....and now "Cow-cow" seems to have stuck.

Well, I guess if people with black-and-white spotted cats can at least nickname them "Cow," a toy dragon that has a slight facial resemblance to a cow can be called "Cow-cow."

And yes, if it reminds you of an old song, you're not wrong:





(I had to listen to that all the way through to make sure there's nothing "terrible" to modern ears in it. It seems more just silly than anything.)

an even sillier version is this one, which was used on Pee-Wee's Playhouse, back in the day. (I was in college at the time but I retrieved an old tv from my parents' garage to take to the dorm with me *specifically* so I could watch that show on Saturday mornings)



No comments: