Thursday, May 23, 2019

Tiny sewing machine

While I'm on vacation, here are a couple photographs of the tiny sewing machine from the Re-Ment kit. The treadle moves but the wheel does not actually turn:

smol sewing machine

Like most of these, there are tiny accessories: a little pincushion and a tiny box with little flat slabs of what I assume is meant to be dressmaker's chalk. (Or maybe it's soap slivers? My mom often used slivers of nearly-used-up white hand soap to mark dark fabrics with....)

(Well, when I wrote this - 5/19 -  Flickr was being a butt and not allowing me to access my photos after about 7:20 pm, so  this one is directly uploaded from the disk:)

With tiny Kirby squishy for scale. You can see the little box of chalk and maybe the pink pincushion beside it. It is very small - as I said, I think it's smaller than 1:12 dollhouse scale.

Not sure what I might DO with it, but it's a nice little display item.

No comments: