Wednesday, April 17, 2019

done but not

I am totally peopled out today.

Did the rest of the Zoom interviews. We have at least successfully narrowed it down to three candidates to bring in in-person. (And ironically - though maybe not - our top three after the interviews were our same top three after merely evaluating their packets)

I will say (while giving no identifying information!) that in my mine there is one absolutely crystal-clear top runner, and I hope (a) this person is as good in person as they have been up to now and (b) that they decide to come if we extend an offer to them.

But yeah. Next week or week after next is in person interviews. Gah.

I am also peopled out because in class today I had a student who is a constant talker. Not during lecture, they are able to hold their tongue when someone else is talking. But in lab, whoa. I don't know if they are an anxious person and this is how they cope, or if they are just a motormouth, or whatever, but I admit it: when someone talks CONSTANTLY it does get to me after a while. No, I have not said anything; I am not sure how much I am "allowed" to squash that kind of free expression but man.

Tonight I am eating either some or all (depending on how hungry I feel once I start) of the swanky prime rib and the swanky mashed potatoes from Monday.

I need to practice piano after that, but I think I'm going to tempt the pollen gods and not wash my hair tonight after having been out in the field; I washed it last night and it gets too dry with too-frequent washing. Maybe I brush it out well? Or spritz it with water and brush? I don't know.

We're also supposed to get big storms tonight and while tornadoes seem unlikely, it's still a possibility and I'd rather not climb into a still-damp tub to protect myself.

And I'm still hand-washing dishes, and probably will be until Finals week, given how busy I am. It's not SO bad, though. I fill the sink with hot water and a squirt of Mrs. Meyers, and as I finish a plate or pan, I put it in there to soak, and then when I'm totally done eating, I wash them all and then rinse in the other sink, and lay a towel out on the stovetop to stack them to dry. (I don't have counter space at the moment but if this somehow becomes a longer term thing, maybe I make it. Maybe this weekend I clear a space next to the sink.

Anyway, see? FANCY.

though a little less so on my 20-year-old Corelle plate, and in my own house. But at least it's medium rare, like I like it. (Oh believe me, for what it cost the people who paid, I'd have sent it back if it were overdone)

What I really want to do is get into comfy pajamas and get into bed and read more on "The Daughter of Time" - I went back a couple chapters because I lost the thread (too many Henrys, too many Richards) and curl up with my stuffed animals and just be QUIET.

No comments: