Monday, November 12, 2018

Maybe it's fixed

I *think* I got enrolled in health insurance. At least, when I go back to the page it says I am. I declined a few things they were pushing heavily (HSA? Doesn't make that much sense for me; outside of a couple routine checkups a year and some prescription meds, I don't have that many expenses). The only extra stuff I'm paying for is dental (I NEED it; it has saved my bacon on several occasions - four crowns), "accident" (which I'm not convinced I need but it's cheap and it will pay extra to cover broken bones and such not-on-the-job* and it seems I am increasingly clumsy these days), and an additional policy to pay for cancer treatment, which, given my family history, may be needed at some point. I hope it isn't, but...No extra life insurance, no HSA, no policy to cover spouses or kids, going with the vision as-provided because I don't really need more than one pair of glasses at a time...

(*If I get hurt on the job of course we have worker's comp, though I think this accident is like AFLAC in that it would, for example, pay for someone to come mow my lawn if I were laid up with a broken arm or some such)

I'm still keeping the "help me!" appointment I made for Thursday just to be sure, and also to demand they print a PAPER COPY. The "you elected this" thing was as an .aspx file (which I cannot access any more; I just have the online graphic of my plans) that I couldn't print, and I'm way, way too cynical and worried about being screwed over to trust that the state won't "whoopsie" and dump me into the cheapest worst plan when I'm not looking. (I am in one that is cheap FOR ME because the uni pays my way).

But yeah, what a cluster. I was making my class-evaluation appointments with the secretary and she said, "Well, if we're still doing them this way; they were talking about going to an online system this semester" and I just burst out laughing.

My campus can't do anything online so it works smoothly.

I was asked to evaluate the system and I gave it all thumbs-down, especially the stupid autoplay videos on how to do stuff (In place of written instructions, which are what 85% of people want. I also suspect the videos are less-than-accessible for people with hearing issues.)

This afternoon I will grade the policy and law papers I didn't have the energy to do last week and maybe write the exam for after break (which will free up time to grade the late take-home exams later).

It's cold in my office, though. And I brought only cold food in my lunch and that makes me sad.

But yeah. I am tired. And I have bell choir tonight AND CWF (and I have to lead the meeting this time) and it just feels like I'm doing too much but don't know what I can give up without causing major headaches and making people unhappy with me. (So instead: I choose to be unhappy myself. I'd rather disappoint myself than disappoint other people, I guess)

I got nearly the first mitt (the sample one, for me) knitted this weekend and yeah: if I can find my 1 1/2 sized needles will do the gift ones on those; these are kind of big and loose.

***

Edited to add: with the help of a colleague I got the file showing my choices printed out, so I have official proof. (Also saved a copy as a .pdf). So at least that's sorted, which is a very big relief. I may go ahead and cancel the appointment, I don't know.

I am also telling myself that if I get done what I need to get done (papers graded and exam for after break written), I am going home after class and staying home tomorrow, and am going to do what I want instead of what other people want from me.

No comments: