Friday, November 09, 2018

And it begins

So, does the tree fit in the space in front of my fireplace if I move the coffee table and a chair?


YEEEEEESSSSSSS

Tree is up!

I still have to decorate, of course - I want to at least put the lights on tonight - but I am extremely pleased because this seems a better space AND ALSO when the lights are on it can sort of be seen from the street.

(OH! And it's probably not too early to set up my on-a-timer window candles, a favorite part of the holiday season for me, because it's so nice to come home in the dark and see them there waiting for me)

Edited to add:

I may just add in photos as I decorate, here is an "extreme night view" (long exposure - so taken on a table, that's the wood surface you see) of the lights:

2018 lights

You can also see Basil the basset, and the sparkly sequinned unicorn, and my stuffed Pigasus which I have now named Pigou (yes after British economist Arthur Pigou) sitting in the armchair that I moved to the curve of the piano to make room for the tree.

Edited to add more:

This is now the view from my recliner if I look to my left

view from my big chair


And I don't know why this one got blurry. I must have moved while taking it

more tree

You can see my Luna ornament here:

hi, Luna

And a brand-new (bought on the last trip to JoAnn's) big Hello Kitty. I have lots of "toy" ornaments on the tree (Hello Kitty, Snoopy, My Little Ponies) but also lots of ungulates (reindeer, sheep, fiber animals, unicorns...I guess they are  ungulates?)

tree

The pinecones with silver and gold glitter and the silver "icicles" came from Target last year; they had some excellent tree decorations last year.

No comments: