Monday, September 03, 2018

Perfect for power-naps?

Really, making sleep-shorts (or "casual at home shorts") is an almost-instant-gratification project.

This morning, I mowed, edged, and cleared some brush. Then I washed my hair and did some of my piano practice. And then I cut the shorts out. Did more piano practice, sewed them up:

WW shorts

The pattern is Simplicity 1563 and it is very straightforward to make. (It's a unisex pattern; this is size large.)

I'm pleased with these. The fabric washed up well, and it sewed up nicely - maybe even a little easier than the My Little Ponies fabric for the last pair. These take maybe an hour and a half, tops, to complete, even with French seaming and carefully pressing to turn up the hems and casing.

There is something satisfying about a project that is done quickly AND is useful.

Here they are on:

WW shorts on

One thing I like about them is that they are a bit less baggy than some patterns I've had.

I also pre-washed the deer fabric but I think I'm going to save making that pair for another time.

I also changed clothes on the dolls again. Here is Olivia in a vintage maxidress and Gabby in vintage wide-legged pants and slides (but fairly-recent Little Twin Stars top):

more vintagey

I also found a fat quarter that came in a bundle, which I never used - it is dark blue with small purple and orange flowers and I think they are colors that will look good on Olivia so I have set it aside to make one of those sundresses (the pattern I linked to the other day) for her from. I'm still leaning towards 100% handsewing those - I can do them while watching tv, and with small fiddly things it's nicer to handsew. (Also then I could do it without lining, so it could be more fitted - I could do tiny rolled hems at the neck and armholes. 

No comments: