Tuesday, September 11, 2018

not so good

Well, even though I was super careful last night (and asked people to warn me about peanut butter and celery), I still think I got something with celery in it at the Salad Supper.

(Though peanut butter would have been worse, based on my past reaction to it)

I'm guessing that coleslaw had celery seed in its dressing; it was commercially-made coleslaw and often that has celery seed as a flavoring, and also it had a suspicious taste.

My insides are not happy today. (Celery seed almost seems to do it to me worse than celery; I suppose the coumarins or whatever it that sets me off are concentrated in there). And I'm hived up, though that could equally well be how danged humid it is here - the walls in this building are practically growing fungi so I know there's mold in the air.

At least tonight once I do the duty of cooking for the college kids I can go home and semi-collapse, and also, I have a devotional ready for the SECOND time this week I need a devotional - one of the two I selected but the one I did not read last night. (That's Wednesday: Elder's Meeting and Board Meeting).

Thursday night is piano. And I am hoping my research student is more into going out to do research Saturday morning so I have at least one afternoon this week that I can just come home and stay home.

Next week will be better; I keep telling myself that - because at a minimum, the only evening thing I have is piano.

So, I don't know. I think I'm going to throw out the leftovers of the hot chicken salad I made - it sat out at room temperature for at least 2 hours last night and with an already iffy stomach I don't want to chance it. I didn't use all the chicken breasts I poached up so I am thinking, since I saved the nice broth after poaching, I will cut up one of the leftover breasts (and freeze the rest) and cook some noodles and make some chicken noodle soup; that will probably work well. (The broth I use - Pacific Foods' brand - is one of the few that does NOT contain celery. It has rosemary in it but I think that's as much for its preservative power as it is for flavoring).

No comments: