Sunday, September 30, 2018

Head and toes

I changed on the nail polish on my toes yesterday. (I also refreshed the glow-in-the-dark polish, but all my attempts at taking a long-exposure shot in the dark failed to capture any glow)

I'm using a fairly-new (bought on the LAST trip - not yesterday's trip - to the Ulta) Pacifica 7-free topcoat - the color is called Gold Lamé so it's a sparkly gold.

I like Pacifica polishes because they come off more easily (and presumably have fewer toxic chemicals) and even the glittery ones are not that hard to remove - the glitter in is is not big chunks that are hard to remove:

toes 2

(I took it without flash so the gold would show up)

I also am watching the first season of "The Good Place" and am wondering why no one influenced me to watch this before - it's one of the types of shows I like, because it goes a bit deeper (the whole moral-philosophy thing) than most shows. (And I laughed out loud at the "Who died and left Aristotle in charge?" quip, where Chidi wearily points to the name "Plato" on the chalkboard).

(The only drawback is I may wind up wanting to read Kant after this, and I presume Kant is *hard.* And maybe Hume too)

(And so far, Chidi is my favorite character)

I also finished the Chucko hat:

 I used Lion Brand "Woolspun," a yarn I only saw once at JoAnn's. The color is called Moss Mix - it's a bulky weight yarn. It took *just over* one skein but if I'd made the turn up a bit shorter maybe I could have gotten away with one.

(Yes, the hat is for me, but this would make a fantastic gift or giveaway pattern because it looks good and it's stretchy so it will fit a lot of heads). 

I also might switch over in a few minutes and see if I can finish the second sleeve of Augusta - I am getting close, so close that it's no longer a great choice as an invigiliating project (I will have to figure something out, I'm not sure that Anaheim will be a great choice after starting on it).

Maybe I should dig in my stash and find something that would work. Or maybe the shawl I bought yarn for yesterday will work. Or I do a pair of fingerless mitts, maybe.

I also took a few minutes yesterday and re-dressed my dolls, which oddly always makes me happier. (I also NEEEEEED to do some doll-sewing; I bought a pack of fat-quarters at JoAnn's yesterday because several of them were colors and scales of patterns that would work for dolls. I have a dress pattern or two I've downloaded and I see how I could probably alter some existing ones or even draft up my own).

No comments: