Tuesday, July 03, 2018

trying for cool

I wound up decamping early from my office (it was 83 F in there, and I was just tired and couldn't any more).

It's cooler at home. It doesn't feel COOL (even at 76 F) but it's cooler.

This helps a little:

I took the tenugui (small Japanese cotton towel) from an old Doki Doki crate and wrapped the little round chill-pack (from a recent crate) in it, and tied it around my head with the chill pack at the base of my neck. It helps a little.

That's the back view, though you can't really see the lump of the coldpack with all my hair in the way.

So, I guess it's a "there, I fixed it."

I finished piano for the day (and bell choir is tonight, and I hope they have that church cool.) and in a few minutes I'm going to try to pin out and block the Paddington shawl to see if I feel any more favorably towards it.

***

I guess I'm okay with it. Here it is pinned out, having to dry. (I wet block with water and a little shampoo - after all, wool is hair, too). It stretched out longer in the armspan than I thought it might, but that's good with my broad shoulders, wider shawls work better.

Paddington's garden

I have two different "dyelots" (you might say) of the foam blocking squares, that's why you see darker and lighter showing through.




Paddington's garden close up
 ***
And one other thing that does cheer me up: My doctor's office just called (my stomach dropped when I saw the number - wondering if I'd forgotten an appointment). Nope. They got the results of my mammogram, everything is normal. So that's good.

1 comment:

purlewe said...

the shawl looks good. And good for you with the ingenuity to take a towel and an ice pack! So smart!