Tuesday, May 01, 2018

And fair warning

None of my students or colleagues read this, but what the heck.

This is how I feel inside if I get asked to take on ANYTHING extra these next two weeks, whether we're talking extra-credit work, some surprise volunteering thing I have to do, grading late papers, "your office has been complained about by Safety and it needs cleaning" or anything other than what I already have planned to do:


Of course, like Twilight Sparkle (if you can't tell, that's her, from Season 1, on fire because....I don't remember the reason but yeah she got REALLY angry at one point) I suffer from an excess of self control so while I might feel like that inside, I'm more likely to just sigh and go "okay" and do whatever thing it is.

(I already had one person go the "I left my paper on the counter can I bring it with me tomorrow?" and it's someone with a long commute so I'm not going to tell them to drive back home NOW and get it but crikey that is why I bought a house in the same town as where I work, so if I forget something important at home I can get it)

2 comments:

Judy said...

All my professors were cranky. - You forgot it? Sure, bring it in tomorrow, but remember, if it's late, it loses 10% of its grade. OR I don't accept late work.

CGHill said...

How about 10 percent per day? That ought to give them something more than a mere nudge.