Sunday, April 29, 2018

"Birb" top finished

I got done with it too late to do the standard "hang it on the clothesline" (maybe if I have time tomorrow and the weather's OK) but I did finish the "birb" quilt top tonight.

The pattern is called "American Stars" from "Modern One-Block Quilts" by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting. It took me quite a while, I think in part because it was a two-fabric quilt (the first one I've ever done with just one print) and I guess I got bored with it in addition to being busy.

But it's done now. (It's smaller than I thought - more of a foot-of-the-bed warmer or a lap size than a small-twin-bed size):

Birb top

And yes, it's called "birb" because of the colorful birds ("birbs," in Internet slang) on it:


close up of birb quilt

I already have a backing for this so once I can get that sewn up it's going out to the quilt shop to be longarmed.

I already have the next fabric and pattern picked out - a simple top with big blocks but one that claims to work up into a 78" by 78" quilt - so big enough to cover my bed (if a bit short).

1 comment:

purlewe said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!