Monday, January 22, 2018

Ugh, it's Monday

Very windy and nasty here. I had to get atlases for my lab this afternoon and I decided to walk to the library (maybe about 3/4 mile round trip) to get them. Got blown all over the place, my hair is a mess and I couldn't find the hairbrush I used to keep in my office. (And I forgot how heavy the atlases were. But still: probably still better than fighting the central-campus parking).

Then after lab, I realized I had to run some errands - a couple things I was out of. (And I should have just gone to Pruett's or somewhere and found something simple for dinner. I don't feel like cooking but I don't feel like another cold-food, pick-up meal). But all the jerky drivers were out this afternoon. Part of it was that it was school-letting-out time, and a lot of parents come and pick up their kids because....I don't know. Kids have soccer after school? Or they live too close for buses but the parents don't want to make them walk? I don't know. Our lower-grade schools are right in the middle of town and the parking lots/streets in to them are NOT set up for a mass quantity of parents to descend upon the school at 3:30. So you get people doing stuff like "It's so important I pick my kid up THIS MINUTE that I am going to pull partway through the intersection and just block it for cross traffic until I can pull all the way through." So I had that to contend with.

Also some dude on a crotch-rocket motorcycle who was going 15 or so miles per hour above the speed limit (this in an area around the university: technically a school zone but not one the cops care about like they do about the little-kids school zones). He zipped up to the intersection as I was going through it (I had right of way) and flipped me off because apparently I was supposed to stop in the middle and let him blow through so he didn't have to slow down.

I have sort of a headache now. And I do still have to call the garage-door guy, it's just....I don't have the energy to at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.

(And ugh, it doesn't help that there are food ads showing delicious food that probably actually isn't that delicious in real life - Zaxby's wings, which I have never heard of).

(And I don't usually crave foods, so I wonder if something is going on)

Anyway. At least my most recent Ponies got here safely.

First up: Fifi, a Twice-as-Fancy (one of my favorite pony subgroups is the Twice as Fancies). I think she originally came with a playset? But the seller had just Fifi, but that's fine. She was a good price and she's cute....white with blue hair and pink bow symbols. (Maybe she's a cousin to Bowtie or something?)

Like some of these, she has an "extra symbol" on her cheek.

And a tiny-little: a G3 baby named Flower Flash. A preppy pony (or so I think of it) in green and pink:

I love the baby ponies because of how tiny they are
Her hair's a little unruly (like mine), I probably need to gently comb it.




No comments: